Protein Fluidics, Inc. is an early-stage company focused on commercializing novel microfluidic technologies for performing immunoassays, organoid assays and other biological tests in the Life Sciences industry. We offer competitive benefits to all levels of employees. Protein Fluidics is an equal opportunity employer.
See details of open position below:
Technical Sales Specialist
Protein Fluidics is seeking a Technical Sales Specialist for sales & promotion of our Pu·MA System and associated consumables in the Drug Discovery & Development and other Life Science Research markets. The benchtop Pu·MA System and proprietary microfluidic consumables automate assays for scientists using spheroids, organoids, and other 3D cell-based structures. This is an extremely exciting, high-growth field that enables researchers to better model human diseases, reduce animal usage, and offer more predictive assays. We are looking for a salesperson with cell-based assay skills to present the system’s capabilities, conduct on-site demonstrations, and intelligently discuss Customers’ assay requirements. The person will also be responsible for implementing the company’s sales strategy and plan to achieve sales targets and revenue growth, while expanding Protein Fluidics’ customer base. In addition to technical knowledge in the field of life science research, cell culture and assays, they also need to be familiar with technical sales cycle management techniques and using the company’s CRM system. The candidate will work closely with the Marketing team to qualify leads and provide Voice of Customer input. The position will report to the President. This is a critical role to help the team execute its development, production, and sales efforts and meet key company milestones.
- Conduct sales calls and make technical presentations with potential customers
- Conduct on-site demonstrations of the Pu·MA System including biological cell-based assays
- Prospect for new customers using digital channels and advanced analytics
- Present product capabilities at conferences, trade shows, and other public venues
- Create and implement general or specific sales campaigns based on accounts and markets
- Develop and coordinate revenue growth plans in collaboration with internal team
- Provide and support data management, analysis and reports on sales activities
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, and merchandising techniques.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in Biology, Biochemistry, or related Life Sciences field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in sales and marketing associated with the Life Sciences
- Familiarity with various biological assay techniques, including but not limited to cellular assays, plate readers, fluorescence imaging, and laboratory automation
- Able to travel up to 50% of the time with overnight stays
- Proficient with MS Office products and familiar with CRM tools and applications
- Professional selling skills and training; Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and be able to draw solutions through extrapolation and critical thinking
To apply for this position, please send us a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title, Technical Sales Specialist, noted in the Subject field. Applicants who live in the San Francisco Bay Area will be preferred for this position. Your application will be reviewed, and you will be contacted if you are chosen to move forward in our hiring process. Protein Fluidics is an equal opportunity employer.
Protein Fluidics, Inc.
875 Cowan Road, Suite B,
Burlingame, CA 94010
+1 650 529 5080